Bremer Whyte Brown & O’Meara recently hosted an internal recognition event where employees purchased thank you notes and balloons to show extra appreciation to their colleagues. We are proud to announce that the fundraiser was a success! BWB&O matched the individual contributions and donated all proceeds to Breast Cancer Angels for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Breast Cancer Angels is a local Southern California nonprofit organization that financially assists individuals during treatment for breast cancer. Some of the assistance provided are food gift cards, gas reimbursements, help with bills such as rent, utilities, medical co-pays, hospice, and final expenses. Contributions have also been made to individuals with children to help pay for school supplies and clothing. Every need is considered and the organization’s goal is to ensure no individual has to make a choice between treatment and food.
BREAST CANCER AWARENESS: EARLY DETECTION CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.
- 1 in 8 US women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- Every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Every minute a woman dies from breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women internationally BUT there is hope…
- 27% Survival Rate in Advanced Stage.
- 98% Survival Rate in Early Detection.
For more resources on screening tests and early detection, please click here.